Volunteer / Foster
There are few things more rewarding than seeing an abandoned and neglected dog placed in the care of loving owners. It’s one of the most heartwarming experiences you can ever imagine.
In addition to our dog adoption program, Pregnant Dog Rescue also offers other options to help pregnant dogs and their puppies find good homes. Here’s how you can help.
• Donate – One of the best ways to make a difference is to make a financial contribution—large or small. Over the years, our organization has grown thanks to the efforts caring people who truly love dogs. We offer easy PayPal options to ensure convenience and privacy.
• Volunteer – Our volunteers quickly discover saving dogs is truly a labor of love. Whether you want to volunteer full time or just want to help out on the weekends, we have flexible schedules and various positions.
• Foster – Animal foster care is one of the best ways to invest your time to help out orphaned puppies, dogs or pregnant/nursing mother dogs. If you are interested in becoming a foster care provider, please email us at email@example.com or fill out the form on our contact page.
Become a Foster Care Provider
If you think you have the time and would like to help out orphaned puppies, dogs, or pregnant/nursing moms, we'd like you to consider joining.
Animals require foster care for many reasons they may need re-habilitation due to ill treatment, they may be malnourished, unwell but being treated and need a place to recover, are too young to be adopted or more often, come to us pregnant or with litter of puppies.
What will my responsibilities be and what will fostering entail?
You will need to feed and clean up after the animal(s), monitor their health, groom, wash and walk them (if applicable). You will also need to play with, train (if you can and as long as it with positive, reward based training), socialize and generally care for the animals. It’s like being a “normal” pet owner but short term.
How long will I have the animal for?
This will depend on many variables such as age, health, temperament, and so on. Some of our animals come to us very timid and obviously in need of help to build their confidence. Foster care gives these animals an opportunity to learn to trust again. Once they are shown kindness and love the transition is amazing and it’s very rewarding seeing your foster furkid grow and develop. Others might just need to be looked after until there is more room at the shelter or they are old enough to be spayed/neutered, vaccinated, wormed and then re-homed. Some may be in need of training and if you possess any qualifications in this area and would be able to use them to improve the dog or cats chance of adoption it’s very greatly appreciated.
Will it cost me anything?
All food can be picked up from the shelter from our donated food area. However if you would like to buy food yourself to feed the animal(s) it is greatly appreciated but of course not expected. Beds, toys etc can be borrowed from Pets Haven but must be returned with the fostered animals unless you have arranged otherwise (for example you are taking more animals into foster care and will therefore require the same equipment). All veterinary visits MUST be with our preferred vet clinics and must be approved by our Foster Care Coordinator. No matter what. Pregnant Dog Rescue cannot reimburse your costs if you take the foster animal to another vet.
What do I do if the animal becomes un-well?
Please call Call the shelter at 404-997-2831
They may be able to help you on the spot or will authorize any vet visits required. As previously mentioned in the above Pregnant Dog Rescue cannot reimburse your costs if you take the foster animal to another vet.
If you are interested in becoming a foster care provider, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Best Solutions to Rescue Man's Best Friend
It’s easy to look the other way and just ignore the problem. However, the truth is everyone can make a difference. Pregnant Dog Rescue is committed to creating viable solutions.
There are three easy ways you can help.
1. You can adopt a pet and give it a loving home it deserves.
2. We kindly accept donations to help fund our life-saving work. Whether you choose to make a small or large contribution, every donation helps make a difference.
3. Another great option is to volunteer. Pregnant Dog Rescue is made up of people from all backgrounds who genuinely want to help these helpless animals find loving homes and caring owners.
Whether you’re looking for a new pet or just simply want to help animals, Pregnant Dog Rescue is about finding the best solutions to rescue man’s best friend.
Share your time, make a donation or help spread the word. Pregnant Dog Rescue—helping save Georgia’s least adoptable dog.